Monday, November 16, 2009

Who Are You?

When I ask people the “Who Are You” question, I always get a weird look and it is almost always followed by them reciting their name, “I am Dolly Johnson”! Well, Dolly Johnson is just that, my name. It is not who I am. Who I am is a child of God, who believes that my purpose in life is to show people how to love themselves and others, unconditionally as God loves us all. I am a true friend, a kind person, a wife, a mother, a sister, and a daughter. I love wearing all of those hats because in them all I am the same kind, loving person that God has put me here to be. I am also a teacher of all things positive. I believe that there is good in everything and everyone. I don’t believe that in a naïve way, but I believe that if you focus on a positive outcome, the negative will be less powerful and will make the road to a positive point of view more visible. I am constantly trying to improve on my personality and how I am towards others. I am constantly working on my downfalls. I can be too bossy, and,believe it or not, I can talk too much :), and I don’t always practice what I preach when it comes to following through with my plans. But, I am patient and I strongly believe that anything worth having is worth waiting for. I see so many people rushing their life away and jumping into things haphazardly and without judging, I just think they may enjoy life more if they took a deep breath and enjoyed and/or appreciated life’s tokens. I love children. I think a child’s mind is the most brilliant thing God has created. They start out with such a zest for life and an eagerness to learn and it completely amazes me! I watch my children grow and I am just blown away with how attention detail minded they are. Children are so inquisitive that they are limitless on what they can learn and I appreciate that about them. Next to God, my family is my lifeline! I thank God all the time for the group of family (my friends are my family too!) he has granted me. They have all, in their own personal way, completely affected me and have carved out a piece of my heart as their own. I am a humble spirit and thankful for all that I have seen, endured and accomplished in my life, to include the rough roads. I believe that unconditional love is the only love that is forever. That belief has helped me maintain relationships and love people for who they are, not who I wish they would be. My biggest downfall is that I can care too much and I carry the burden of others even when they don’t care. That makes my heart heavy more often than I would like! Overall, I am just grateful that for all that has come my way and hope that my children have always been able to say and will grow old to tell others, “My mother loved me very much!”

This is who I am! Who are you?

2 comments:

Laura said...

Dolly- This is a terrific blog for young adults, and many adults who aren't so young :) I certainly wish I had something as useful as this site when I was a teen trying to navigate through. I hope you will continue it.

Thanks for checking out my blog as well! Not nearly as substantive as yours, but still fun :)

Dolly L. Johnson said...

Thanks Laura!! Your Dad is very proud of your website. He made sure to share it with us, and I am happy that he did! I think the fun of your website and the encouragement of mine make the perfect information station!! :) You keep up the good work and in 2010, I will start posting new blogs, so please continue to follow and feel free to share it with your friends! Comments are always welcome!!